Zebrafish Gene Collection
□ Zebrafish Gene Collection
The Zebrafish Gene Collection (ZGC) is an NIH initiative that supports the production of cDNA libraries, clones and sequences to provide a complete set of full-length (open reading frame) sequences and cDNA clones of expressed genes for zebrafish. All resources generated by the ZGC are publicly accessible to the biomedical research community.
- □Initially, the ZGC will collect 5' sequences from clones in various libraries over a 3-month period.
- □At the end of that time, an external panel of scientists will review the list of all the putative full-length clones eligible for full-length sequencing and prioritize those for sequencing.
- □This process will then be repeated quarterly.
- □In addition, the ZGC will collaborate with other researchers who have significant existing collections of putative full-length clones to sequence those clones.
XGC clone has assigned IDs as follows;
- □I.M.A.G.E. ID to refer an EST file on dbEST.
- □MGC ID to refer entire sequence of inserted gene on GenBank.
□Re-arrayed plates of sequenced full-length XGC clones
Clones included in the subset are arrayed on different plate in dependent on used vector. Therefore, clones on the same plate are on the same vector（IRBH, IRBG, IRBN). See I.M.A.G.E. vector information for more information.
Query tool on the web site of the I.M.A.G.E. Consortium contains latest information on the MGC clones including IMAGE ID, MGC_ID, species, vector, rearray clone location, GenBank Accession number, UniGene Cluster Number, GenBank definition line, and gene symbol.
To find ID of your desired clone, see I.M.A.G.E. ID search guide.
The I.M.A.G.E. Consortium has implemented sequencing of the re-arrayed library and published QC data.
We also distribute these clones included in three subsets as individual clones inoculated into agar medium or as 96-well plate of E.coli glycerol stock.
Place your order with I.M.A.G.E. ID as same as the other clones. For an order of a part of clones included in XGC Subset, we inoculate requested clones from the plate (IRBH, IRBG, IRBN） to distribute. If Source BioScience have not received the requested clone with XGC ID, Source BioScience inoculate the equivalent clone from there I.M.A.G.E. Collection stock and ship out to distribute.
All available XGC Subset is listed in the following site.