CAGE™ Preparation Kit
□ CAGE Preparation Kit
CAGE Preparation Kit is a ready-to-use product that includes reagents* and the protocol necessary for the preparation of a CAGE library, which allows the easy introduction of Cap Analysis of Gene Expression, CAGE, into your R&D.
* Note: Reverse Transcriptase is not inclued.
CAGE enables sequencing and mapping of short tags derived from the 5'-end of mRNA, thereby quantifying the frequency of tag sequences. A distinctive feature of CAGE is its capability to accurately identify promoter sites for each transcript and obtain gene expression profiles based on identified promoters.
A sequencing run using one channel on the Illumina Sequencer can yield over 4,000,000 reads per sample. Expression profiles obtained from DeepCAGE (i.e., combination of next-generation sequencing with next-generation expressing profiling) will be powerful tools for various gene expression analyses and genome annotation projects.
□What can CAGE offer you?
- □Unique data: CAGE enables experimental identification of transcriptional start sites and quantification of promoter activity.
- □Wide range of applications: CAGE enables analysis of transcriptomes from any organism.
- □Wide dynamic range: CAGE also enables detection of rare transcripts.
- □Genome-wide gene-expression analysis
- □Prediction of promoter sites
- □Quantitative mRNA expression profiling
□Examples of actual usage of CAGE
- □"Functional Annotation of Mouse (FANTOM) project" by RIKEN
- □"Encyclopedia of DNA Elements (ENCODE) project" by the National Institute of Health (NIH)
- □"Gene Networks project" by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
□ Product specifications
- □The cap-trapper method involves capturing the 5'-cap of mRNA while removing rRNA.
- □The random priming method allows generation of hybridization products from non-coding mRNAs, in addition to those from mRNAs
- □The use of barcodes allows multiplex sequence analysis.
- □Prepared CAGE libraries can be analyzed with an Illumina next-generation DNA sequencer.
- □Note: the CAGE Kit does not contain reverse transcriptase.
For data analysis, Platform system for next-generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis is available at the National Institutes of Genetics.